We ask for your personal information when you make a purchase, register, sign up for promotions, offers or competitions, or to receive news. Depending on which of these services you use, we may collect:
- your name and contact information including postal address, e-mail address and telephone number, even if you do not complete your purchase;
- details of any purchase orders that you place through the website, and any details we need for delivery;
- card payment details if making a purchase;
- details you provide when you contact us or make enquiries either generally or about any purchases you make with us;
- details of your visits to the website and the resources that you access; and
- information you provide if you report a problem with our website;
What we do with the personal information?
Depending on how you engage with us, we may use your information:
- to facilitate your use of this website and the services available through it;
- when you purchase from us, to process your order, collect payment, enable you to track you order online, arrange delivery and for other purchase related services (this may include contacting you by telephone, email or SMS to arrange, confirm or upgrade your delivery) and for ongoing customer service dealings including any faults or repairs or refunds;
- for internal accounting and regulatory purposes;
- for statistical analysis to assess our business performance and to improve our products and services;
- to improve and personalise your experience when you visit the website (See the cookies section), and to keep you informed about other products and services you might be interested in (See Keeping You Informed); and
- to ask you from time to time if you would like to provide feedback on or participate in market research on our products and services. You do not have to participate in these if you do not wish.
Who do we share your information with?
We do not share your data with any third parties except as provided in this policy or as required by law. We will not share personal data with third parties for direct marketing by those parties without your consent. Any partners who process data on the behalf of Punch Technology hold your data either within the European Union or the United States of America.
For us to provide Services, we may need to pass on your personal information to third parties. The information is provided to third parties only for the purpose of fulfilling Services that you have requested. Details of these Services are as follows:
- So that we can take payment from you, we will provide your company name, first name, surname, invoice and delivery address, email address, telephone numbers and IP address to our payments processors, Global Payments and PayPal.
- Should delivery be required we will provide your company name, first name, surname, delivery address, email address and any telephone numbers given to our courier (DPD Local)
- Warranty and Service requests may be carried out by a third party, we will provide your company name, first name, surname, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers so that they may complete any warranty or Service request.
Punch Technology may also disclose your personal information:
- We may provide aggregated statistics (including information derived from your data) about our sales, traffic patterns, and related website information to trustworthy third parties. We will do this for the purpose of carrying out assessments, analysis and research in relation to our business, products, services and customers. This is to assist in the provision of services and products to you, and to facilitate reviews, developments and improvements to our web site and the services and products offered to you. The statistics we disclose to those third parties will not include personally identifying information.
- to the police, regulators, law enforcement or other government agency where the law requires this, where appropriate to prevent or detect criminal activity, or in connection with product safety, and otherwise to relevant third parties to protect Punch Technology, its business, staff and customers; and
- to prospective or actual buyers in the event that Punch Technology sells any of its business or assets so help ensure continuity of your customer relationship.
Keeping You Informed
We may from time to time contact or update you about products, services or offers that may be relevant to you.
This may include delivery, reviews, lists and extended warranties, and other products and services related to your Punch Technology purchases.
We may contact you about these by telephone, mail, email and SMS, using the contact details you provide and update us with, which we obtain or update with you in our dealings. This may include telephone numbers that are registered by you or others unless you have told us directly that you do not wish to be contacted for this purpose on a particular telephone number. By providing your details through the website, you are agreeing for us to do this.
If you don’t want to be contacted by post or telephone you can submit a data access request (https://www.punchtechnology.co.uk/data-access-request/) or email us at email@example.com or write to us at: Data Protection Officer, Punch Technology Limited, 1 Pacific Road, Birkenhead, Wirral, CH41 1LJ. This may take up to 20 days for us to process.
Security and Storage
We have policies, rules and measures in place and try to take all reasonable steps to safeguard your personal information.
Our payment provider’s secure server encrypts all your payment card details. The process scrambles all the information, allowing no unauthorised third party to intercept the data. Your browser will confirm that you are shopping in a secure environment by showing either a locked padlock icon or an image of a padlock next to the payment details in the relevant area of our website. For your security, when ordering from us we only use Secure Socket Layer 3 (SSL 3) technology,
Punch Technology uses Google Analytics for the purposes of remarketing online. Third-party vendors, including Google, show our ads on sites across the Internet. The Company and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies together to inform, optimise, and serve ads based on your past visits to our website. No personal identifiable information is passed to Google Analytics.
|linkedin.com||Used by the social networking service, LinkedIn, for tracking the use of embedded services.||United States|
|pinterest.com||Used by the social networking service, Pinterest, for tracking the use of embedded services.||United States|
|formilla.com||Enables Live Chat||United Kingdom|
|punchtechnology.co.uk||Enhances Website Functionality||United States|
|facebook.com||Used by the social networking service, Facebook, for tracking the use of embedded services.||United States|
|google.com||Used by Google Analytics, for tracking the use of embedded services.||United States|
|scorecardresearch.com||Collects information of the user and his/her movement, such as timestamp for visits, most recently loaded pages and IP address. The data is used by the marketing research network, Scorecard Research, to analyse traffic patterns and carry out surveys to help their clients better understand the customer’s preferences.||United States|
|twitter.com||Used by the social networking service, Twitter, for tracking the use of embedded services.||United States|
|youtube.com||Used by the social networking service, Youtube, for tracking the use of embedded services.||United States|
How will we treat children’s privacy?
Our products and services do not specifically address anyone under the age of 13. Providing us with your date of birth is completely optional, so it is possible for someone of any age to register and purchase our products or services, should they have the means to pay for it online. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with consent for marketing, we will immediately remove this consent. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal data, please submit a data access request https://www.punchtechnology.co.uk/data-access-request/and choose if you want to amend or remove their information.
How long will we keep your personal data?
We will keep your personal data for as long as you are a customer of Punch Technology. The points below show how long we keep which information, and our reasons why.
- Personal data including transaction history and complaints
For how long:
- Up to six years after last contact
- Keeping our records up to date, working out which of our products and services may interest you and telling you about them
- To respond to any questions, claims or complaints
- Complying with regulations and legal obligations that apply to us
- Being efficient about how we fulfil our legal and contractual duties
For very good reasons, we may keep your data for longer than the periods provided, such as if you were unfortunately involved in a safety incident. If we cannot delete it for legal, regulatory, or technical reasons, we will make sure that your privacy is protected and only use it for those purposes.
Do you want us to share what personal data we have about you, with you?
If you want us to share what information we have about you? Please submit a data access request and you will automatically get access to the personal data we hold. https://www.punchtechnology.co.uk/data-access-request/
Is the personal data we have about you incorrect?
Please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org they will facilitate the changes.
Do you want us to stop using your personal data?
You have the right to object to certain ways that we use your personal data, or to ask us to delete, remove, or stop using your personal data if there is no need for us to keep it. This is known as the ‘right to object’ and ‘right to erasure’, or the ‘right to be forgotten’. Please note such requests may not always be possible due to legal obligations we may have to keep such records. For example, ensuring you still have your rights under the Consumer Rights Act.
In some cases, there will be legitimate, legal, or other official reasons for us to keep your data. But please tell us if you think that we should not be using it.
It may be possible for us to restrict the use of your data. This means that it would only be used for certain activities, such as legal claims or to exercise legal rights. If this was to happen, we would not use or share your information in other ways while it is restricted.
You can ask us to restrict the use of your personal data if:
- It is not accurate
- It has been used unlawfully but you don’t want us to delete it
- It’s not relevant any more, but you want us to keep it for use in legal claims
- You have already asked us to stop using your data but you are waiting for us to tell you if we can keep on using it
Please submit a data access request and during this process you can have your personal details anonymised on any records that are not a legal or contractual obligation. https://www.punchtechnology.co.uk/data-access-request/
How to contact us
If you have any questions or want more details about how we use your personal data, please let us know. We’ve provided a few different ways for you to do this, so please pick the one you would prefer to use:
Telephone: Customer Services: 0330 0583037
Address: Customer Services, Punch Technology Ltd, 1 Pacific Road, Birkenhead, CH41 1LJ
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. You can use the relevant section of the Information Commissioner’s Office website to do this.