High performance for professional video editing
Our high end plus system includes a chassis upgrade to the superb quality Be quiet Dark Base 900 which is one of the best quality system chassis on the market. It has a huge amount of space for you high end equipment and supports a large number of storage drives. Cooling is superb yet very quiet, ideal for video editing.
We also take the leap into professional grade graphics solutions by using NVidia Quadro cards. The Quadro solutions offer improved performance by offering far larger amounts of video memory per GPU and Quadro drivers are optimised for professional computational use rather than games. The on-board memory is ECC (error checking and correcting) which is important as the card is being used for millions of mathematical calculations. If any errors creep in, they will be detected and corrected. The cards are also produced to much better tolerances with only the best and most stable silicon used on the Quadro range.
Quadro graphics cards also support 10 bit colour, Geforce cards only support 8 bit colour so if you are working in 10 bit with HDR, choose a Quadro solution. The Quadro drivers are better supported across Premier Pro and Da Vinci Resolve and will prove more stable and reliable long term.
The motherboard also gets an upgrade to the Gigabyte X299 AORUS Ultra Gaming Pro which includes three of the high performance M.2 slots which will allow you upgrade the storage later. The board also supports Thunderbolt 3 and the system includes a Thunderbolt card with two ports. This board features a higher number of USB ports, 5 of which are the new high speed USB 3.1 Gen 2 variety.
Storage is also improved with the use of 2 x 12TB Seagate BarraCuda Pro drives (24/7 rated, 5 years warranty, 300TB/year workload rating) – Register for 2 years Data Recovery. These drives are heavy duty server grade and can be configured as RAID 0 if required to improve performance and be seen as one 24TB drive by the OS. Seagate’s pro range of drives also include their disaster recovery service for 2 years. Should your HDD fail, Seagate’s recovery partner will attempt to recover the data on the drive.
The 2TB Samsung 960 Pro scratch drive offers the highest performance currently available. While the ADATA SX8200 and Samsung 970 EVO drives are also high performance products, they operates an SLC caching model which utilises a relatively small portion of SLC storage v regular NAND. Once the SLC cache becomes full (after writing around 13GB in one session), drive performance drops by around 85%. The 960 PRO on the other hand is made entirely from a special type of SLC memory which Samsung term as V-NAND so performance remains at 100% no matter how much is written to the drive in one session. This is very important for the professional video editor.
The power supply is upgraded to an 850w model which will allow scope for additional upgrades in the future. The processor cooling also receives an upgrade and is now the Corsair H115i Pro 280mm liquid cooler. which offers lower CPU temperatures and lower noise levels The operating system is also upgraded to Windows 10 Professional which will allow domain join in corporate networks or the ability to join Microsoft Azure networks.
Take a look at our blogs to find out more about how your choice of PC components affects your overall system performance in Premier Pro.
Soundproofing on the inside of the chassis
Versatile hard drive storage
- Intel Core i9-9940X 3.3Ghz 14 Core CPU,
- Max Turbo Frequency 4.5Ghz
- Cache: 19.25MB
- Corsair H115i 280mm Cooler Installed
- 64GB DDR4 2666Mhz RAM
- Quad Channel – 4 x 16GB
- Supports up to 128GB
- 8 x DIMM sockets (4 Used)
- 512GB ADATA SX8200 PRO NVMe M.2 SSD
- 2TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe M.2 SSD
- 3 x M.2 sockets, 1 free
- 2 x 12TB Seagate BarraCuda Pro 3.5″ Hard drive (24/7 rated, 5 years warranty, 300TB/year workload rating) – Register for 2yrs FREE Data Recovery on www.seagate.com/register
- 8 SATA Ports, 5 free (3 Used for Blu Ray & 2 x 12TB HDD)
- Asus BW-16D1HT Blu Ray Writer
- 2 x Optical Bays, 1 free
- Windows 10 Professional
- Clean install, no additional software
- Intel X299 Chipset
- 4 x DisplayPort 1.4
- 1 x HDMI adapter included
- 1 x DVI-D adapter included
- Maximum resolution via DisplayPort – 7680 x 4320
- Supports up to 4 monitors at once
- Supports HDCP
- NVidia Quadro RTX5000 16B
- High Definition Audio, 5.1 or 7.1 channel
- Audio provided by Realtek ALC1220 Audio Chip on the motherboard
- No Keyboard or Mouse Included
- 1 x Intel 10/100/1000 LAN (Gigabit)
- Gigabyte Wireless AC 1733Mbps Wifi with Bluetooth 5.0
- 850 watts, Corsair TX850M high efficiency (87%) Gold, Modular.
- Height: 585mm
- Width: 243mm
- Depth: 577mm
- 1 x PS/2 Keyboard or Mouse Port
- 2 x USB 2.0 Port (front)
- 8 x USB 3.1 Port (2 front, 6 rear)
- 5 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Port (1 rear Type-C & 4 rear Type-A)
- 1 x RJ-45 Ethernet Port
- 2 x Thunderbolt 3 Ports 40Gb/s Bi-Directional Bandwidth
- 6 x Audio Jacks at the rear
- 2 x Audio Jacks at the front
- 4 x DisplayPort 1.4 on video cards
- 1 x DL-DVI via adapter
- 1 x HDMI via adapter
Note the display outputs from the motherboard are disabled when a graphics card is installed
- 5 x PCI-e x 16 Slots, 2 free
- 0 x PCI-e x 1 Slots
- Be Quiet! Dark Base 900 Silent Black ATX Case
- 3 x 140mm Pre-installed fans
- Space for 4 additional 120/140mm fan
- Space to accept 120/140/240/280/360mm liquid coolers
- 3 Year Return to Base parts and labour
- 1st 30 days collect and return at our expense