High performance for 1080p video editing starts here
Anyone who has attempted to undertake video editing on an ordinary PC will know how frustrating a task it can be. Video editing is one of the more taxing applications for your system so if you plan to undertake any video editing from time to time, its worth investing a little extra in your PC to ensure it is able to cope.
This system is really an entry level video editing unit but the components have been carefully chosen to make sure it is still capable. We have chosen the best value components for this price point and put them all together to create our ideal entry level video editing PC. The system is aimed at those creating and editing 1080p content.
We have used the 6 core AMD Ryzen 3600 processor because video editing is pretty heavy on the CPU and this CPU offers great performance for the price. We wouldn’t reduce the processor below this point because it will really affect the performance. Don’t be tempted to downgrade to the older 2nd Generation AMD processors, the performance drop is huge due to core efficiency improvements in the 3000 series chips.
The 16GB of memory is barely enough but as this is an entry level system, we are assuming users aren’t going to be editing very long clips of 4k. If you stick with full HD 1080p resolution, you should get away with the 16GB. If you can afford it, upgrade to 32GB, you won’t regret it.
We have used an ADATA 512GB NVMe SSD primary drive and a 3TB storage hard drive. Use the SSD for your work area and archive your completed footage to the hard drive.
The included GTX 1650 graphics card is an ideal GPU for entry level video editing. Its 4GB of video memory will help accelerate effects and make your editing process run smoothly.
The silent workstation chassis offers a mid sized, solidly built and flexible housing with internal soundproofing to both side panels to keep your workstation running quietly, even under load. There is also plenty of space for installing additional storage drives. The system can accept two further SATA drives in one of each 3.5″ and 2.5″ format. Also, the motherboard we use can support 2 x M.2 high-performance SSDs so in total you can use six storage drives in this system. To add further storage drives to your PC in the configurator, hit the ‘Add Another’ button to the right-hand side of the primary storage drive header. Alternatively, contact us for a quote with additional storage options.
Take a look at our blogs to find out more about how your choice of PC components affects your overall system performance in Premier Pro.
Soundproofing in the chassis
High Performance SSD storage
- AMD Ryzen 3600 3.6Ghz Six Core CPU,
- Max Boost Clock 4.2Ghz
- Cache: 35MB
- Be Quiet! Pure Rock CPU Air Cooler Installed
- 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz RAM
- Dual Channel – 2 x 8GB
- Supports up to 64GB
- 4 x DIMM sockets (2 Used)
- 512GB ADATA SX8200 Pro NVMe M.2 SSD
- 2 x M.2 sockets, 1 free
- 3TB Seagate BarraCuda 3.5″ Hard drive
- 6 SATA Ports, 4 free (2 Used for DVDRW & 3TB HDD)
- Asus DVD Re-Writer, SATA, 24x, M-Disk Support
- 1 x Optical Bays, 0 free
- Windows 10 Home 64-bit
- Clean install, no additional software
- AMD B450 Chipset
- Gigabyte B450 AORUS Elite Motherboard
- 1 x DisplayPort 1.4
- 1 x HDMI 2.0b
- 1 x DL-DVI
- Supports up to 3 monitors at once
- Supports HDCP
- NVidia GTX 1650 4GB
- High Definition Audio, 5.1 or 7.1 channel
- Audio provided by Realtek ALC892 Audio Chip on the motherboard
- No Keyboard or Mouse Included
- Realtek 8118 10/100/1000 LAN
- Not included
- 500 watts
- Height: 471mm
- Width: 200mm
- Depth: 430mm
- 1 x PS/2 Keyboard or Mouse Port
- 4 x USB 2.0 Port (4 rear)
- 6 x USB 3.1 Port (2 front, 4 rear)
- 1 x RJ-45 Ethernet Port
- 6 x Audio Jacks at the rear
- 2 x Audio Jacks at the front
- 1 x DisplayPort 1.4 on video card
- 1 x HDMI 2.0b on video card
- 1 x DL-DVI on video card
Note the display outputs from the motherboard are disabled when a graphics card is installed
- 2 x PCI-e x 16 Slots, 1 free (1 x Used for video card)
- 2 x PCI-e x 1 Slots, 2 free
- Corsair Carbide 100R Black Silent ATX Case
- Pre-installed low noise Black 120 mm fan
- Space for 2 additional fans at the front
- Space to accept 120mm liquid coolers
- 3 Year Return to Base parts and labour
- 1st 30 days collect and return at our expense